Costumes, candy, and pumpkins—all are signs of spooky season. And since Halloween is this weekend, it’s the perfect time to embrace the season, dress up, and hang out with friends. There are several fun events at Northwestern this weekend if you’re at a loss for what to do.
UNW CORE is hosting its Night n’ Naz Halloween party on Friday, October 29, at 7:00 pm in the Naz Great Room. With a Shrek’s Swamp theme, come ready for prizes, games, crafts, a costume contest, and much more. So get a group of friends together, dress up, and get ready for a great time of Halloween fun.
If you’re feeling ready for Christmas, commuters can purchase tickets for A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie through UNW Commuter Life. On Friday, November 19, commuters can attend one of the Guthrie’s most-loved plays with other commuters. Enjoy a night of time with friends as you watch Charles Dickens’ classic Christmas story come alive in a new way. Check out the Commuter Life Instagram for more details.
UNW Theatre’s Peter Pan, A Musical Adventure opens this week. Join Peter, Wendy, and all the rest of your favorite characters for a night of music and magic on stage at the Knight Performance Hall. The first show opens this Thursday, October 28, at 7:30 pm. Tickets are still available, so get yours soon!
Bundle up and cheer on the Eagles this weekend by attending some of the exciting sports events this weekend. Watch the women’s soccer game at 1:00 pm and the men’s soccer game at 3:30 pm this Saturday.
If you’re looking for a few more Halloween ideas, check out this list below:
- Do a photo shoot with your friend group when you’re all in your costumes.
- Plan a Halloween party for your friends, complete with a costume theme, treats, and games.
- Go to an orchard or pumpkin patch or maybe even both.
- Have a pumpkin carving party with a movie, hot apple cider, pumpkin-flavored foods, and “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”
- Head home and pass out candy to neighborhood kids.
- Watch a classic thriller movie and make homemade pizza.
Halloween can be a great time to dress up and have some fun or a great night to stay in and enjoy a relaxing evening. Either way, there is plenty to do this weekend!