Every college student needs a coffee shop to escape to and get some homework done. Changing the scenery can often boost motivation and create a stress-free space to relax and escape from life’s problems.
The following are Twin Cities based coffee shops within 30 minutes of the University of Northwestern – St. Paul campus. Whether it be to grab a cup of coffee before taking a walk or sitting down for hours to finish homework, these are the perfect spots for it all.
Spyhouse Coffee Roasters
9945 Broadway St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
2451 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
2404 Hennepin Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Three locations throughout the Twin Cities, creating convenience for wherever their customers find themselves.
- 12 minutes from the UNW campus, a short commute for a great space to study in. They have a large space as well as a large parking lot, creating no need to spend time looking for street parking.
- Open until 10 p.m. almost every night. It is great for last-minute studying or needing a pick-me-up.
Nina’s Coffee Café
165 Western Ave N
St. Paul, MN 55102
- Nina’s is located conveniently in downtown St. Paul. It is 30 minutes away from campus and has a view of the cathedral as well as the Minnesota State Capitol.
- Indie, excellent quality and cozy are all words that loyal customers use to describe it. There is a 1920s theme where the furniture consists of mix-matched tables and chairs.
- Enticing drinks that are named after different novels including the “F. Scott,” and “Fitzgerald.” The F. Scott is their cold brew with caramel and cream. The Fitzgerald is the same with vanilla.
- Their hot chai includes the perfect ratio of chai, spices and milk. It makes customers feel like they are stepping into a Hallmark movie on a cold Christmas day.
Wesley Andrews Coffee + Tea
112 E. 26th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Wesley Andrews’ has award-winning and sustainably roasted coffee with a simple and modern style throughout the café.
- Decorated with green plants, it has barstools and a couple tables throughout the space for a smaller café feel.
- One of the unique things they offer is mushroom shaped ice cubes as well as decorative glasses when eating in the café.
- It is in the city of Minneapolis, just 20 minutes away from campus.
Finding a good coffee shop to escape and do homework at is essential for a successful college career. There are numerous coffee shops in the Twin Cities but finding the right ones can be daunting. Trying out Spyhouse, Nina’s or Wesley Andrews is the perfect start to a study session and to explore the cities near UNW’s campus.
Be the first to comment